RENT A CAR ON BONAIRE – GO BACK TO BASIC!
Accidents do happen, fortunately you can protect yourself against the Consequences !
If damage to the rental vehicle has occurred in a collision by fault of a third party, liability depends on the insurance of the third party. In case the third party is not insured or cannot be held liable, the renter will be held liable for any damage to the rental car or to their purchased insurance deductible. Back to Basic Bonaire car rental may require coverage until the matter is settled with the third party.
WA (collision damage waiver/Third Party Liability)
WA insurance stands for “Wettelijke Aansprakelijkheidsverzekering” in Dutch, which is the mandatory third-party liability insurance. This insurance covers the damage caused by the insured person to other people and their property. For example, if you cause an accident while driving your car and someone else suffers injuries or property damage, your WA insurance will cover the costs of the damage you caused. However, it does not cover damage to your own car or any injuries you may suffer in the accident. The WA insurance is mandatory for all motorized vehicles, including cars, motorcycles, and scooters.
Damage to the rental car is not insured!
All Risk (Comprehensive)
All risk insurance is a type of insurance policy that provides comprehensive coverage for a wide range of risks and losses. In the context of auto insurance, an all-risk insurance policy is a comprehensive car insurance policy that covers damage or loss to your own vehicle as well as the third party’s vehicle in the event of an accident.
All risk insurance is different from a standard liability insurance policy, which only covers the damage you cause to other people and their property. An all-risk insurance policy provides more comprehensive coverage, including damage to your own vehicle resulting from an accident, theft, fire, natural disasters, and other events specified in the policy.
However, it’s important to note that an all-risk insurance policy may have certain exclusions or limitations, so it’s important to read the policy carefully to understand what is and isn’t covered. All risk insurance is usually more expensive than a basic liability insurance policy, but it provides greater peace of mind and protection against unexpected losses.
Terms and conditions Back to Basic Bonaire
- These terms and conditions are applied to all agreements between Back to Basic Bonaire and the renter of the rented vehicle.
- Changes in the agreement can only be made with a written approval of both sides (the renter and Back to Basic Bonaire).
- On the agreement, by means of Dots on the drawing indicate any damage on the car at the start of the rental period. At the end of the rental period this “drawing” will be used to determine if there are more damages to the rental vehicle than at the beginning of the rental period. If there are more damages to the rental vehicle at the end of the rental period, the renter will be responsible for the cost of those damages with a maximum of the deductible that belongs to the insurance that the renter chooses at the beginning of the rental agreement.
- Everybody from 23 and older can rent a car at Back to Basic Bonaire.
- The word car means in these term and conditions: the rented car, truck, van or any other vehicle. It also includes all accessories like the wheels and the tires, the jag, and tools to change a flat tire, buckets to store the dive gear in the car, car seats etc..
- The renter must return the car with the same amount of petrol as there was at the beginning of the rental period. All used petrol during the rental period must be paid by the renter. If there is less petrol in the car upon returning the car, we will charge $100,- additional to the fuel charges.
- The renter is allowed to drive an unlimited number of kilometers during the rental period.
- If the renter loses a key during the rental period. Back to Basic Bonaire will charge the renter for it. If it’s a “normal” key, it will be: $50.00 If it’s an electronical key it will be: $200.00
- Back to Basic Bonaire is available to its renters 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. The car can be delivered at any address in Kralendijk and at the end of the rental period the car will be collected at any address of choice.
- At the end of the rental period, the rental car must be available to be collected at the time and place as defined in the rental agreement. Only with a written confirmation of both parties (Back to Basic Bonaire and the renter) the date, place or/and time can be changed.
- In case the renter doesn’t return the car on the agreed date, time and place, the renter is responsible for all damages to the rental car. In this case Back to Basic Bonaire has the right to pound the vehicle. The renter must pay a fine of $50.00 per day on top of the rent for the not paid days.
- A reservation can be cancelled until 14 days before the rental period starts. In this case Back to Basic Bonaire will charge 50% of the rental price to the renter. If the renter doesn’t need the car for whatever reason and doesn’t notify Back to Basic Bonaire in time, 100% of the rental price will be charged to the renter. With a written confirmation from both sides (Back to Basic Bonaire and the renter) the rental agreement can be changed with no extra charges.
- All rental cars are officially insured as rental vehicles.
- The renter is fully liable for all damages that are not covered by the car insurance.
- The rental car may only be driven by the renter or somebody who is stated on the rental agreement as an extra driver. If the renter let’s anybody else than these persons drive or move the car, the renter is fully liable for all damages because there is no insurance coverage in this case.
- Every collision/accident must be reported immediately to René or Herman (+5997864039). If the renter doesn’t notify these parties in case of damage, the renter is fully liable for all damages and there’s no insurance coverage anymore.
- It is not allowed to drive or move the rental car under influence of alcohol or drugs. If the renter does drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs, there is no insurance coverage, and the renter is fully liable for all damages.
- If the driver’s license appears to be fake or expired during the rental period, there is no insurance coverage, and the renter is liable for all damages. It is the responsibility of the renter to show a valid driver’s license.
- The renter is fully liable for any traffic or parking fines.
- When the renter leaves the car unattended, he must take the key with him. In case the car gets stolen, and the renter doesn’t have the key anymore, the renter is fully liable for all damages.
- In case the car must be towed for another reason than mechanical failure, the renter has to pay for the towing expenses.
- The renter is not allowed to rent out the rental car or use to rental car to push or tow another vehicle or thing. If the renter does use the car for any of those things, the renter is fully liable for all damages.
- It is not allowed to transport more people than the number of seats stated on the website of Back to Basic Bonaire. In this case the renter is fully liable for all damages.
- The costs of repairing a flat tire are the responsibility of the owner, provided that the tire has not broken down. A flat tire must be repaired immediately. If the renter doesn’t repair a flat tire immediately, the renter is fully liable for all damages.
- The renter may not take part in any form of racing with the rental car. In this case the renter is fully liable for all damages.
- On the website of Back to Basic Bonaire there is a description for all cars. In this description is stated what to do and what not to do with the rental car. If the renter uses the car for things that are stated in the description as not to do, the renter is fully liable for all damages.
- If a red light comes on while driving and/or if you have a boiling/smoking engine, you must stop driving immediately. If continued driving, all costs will be recovered from the renter.
Back to Basic Bonaire is never liable for theft, loss or damage to things and/or persons inside the rental vehicle during the rental period.
If the renter uses the rental car to break the law or if the renter misleads Back to Basic Bonaire in such a serious way that if Back to Basic Bonaire would have known it, they wouldn’t rent a vehicle to the renter, The renter is fully liable for all damages.
The renter must pay for the rental agreement at the beginning of the rental period.
If there is one or more parts of these terms and conditions not right, all other parts will still be a part of the rental agreement.
The Caribisch Nederlandse law applies to these terms and conditions and the rental agreement.